Our local drivers assists in the success of our 250 truck operation by safely picking up and delivering refrigerated freight in Indianapolis, IN and surrounding areas. We are seeking a local driver candidates for a full-time driving position. Must be available to work 5 days a week, some weekends required. Hours will vary with the majority being early mornings. Home nightly but will require some overnight trips and one 6-8 day trip once every 3 months.
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Must have Class A CDL
- minimum 6 months reefer experience
- Must be able to carry up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to stoop or squat to a height of 48”
- Must have no at fault accidents in the last 3 years
- Must have no more than 2 moving violations in 3 years
- Must have no disqualifying violations such as Reckless/Careless/Inattentive, Excessive Speed (15+) in the last 3 years
- Must have no DUI/DWI in the last 5 years
- Driver should live within 50 miles 1045 W Sumner Ave. Indianapolis, IN 46217
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL BE:
- Effective communicator and team player
Pick up and deliver freight according to appointment time and customer specification for securement and temperature. Adhere to all safety regulations and state and local laws. Inspect equipment and communicate with dispatch and shops for issues with the load or equipment. Stage trailers for customers and complete all necessary trip documents for accounting. Attention to detail and a willingness to work are critical characteristics for candidates to be considered.